Monday, September 6, 2010

In and Out of California


It's not that I don't love California. I do. But it was HOT there. 107 on the day GoJoe went in for repairs. I waited in the reception area like an expectant father. When the service manager finally came out with an affirmative nod followed by a smile, I heaved a sigh of relief. I drove away a happy man, looking for the first exit east.

The night before the repairs, I stayed at a nearby deluxe RV "resort" in Pomona. I enjoyed my one evening of swimming in the pool beneath the swaying palm trees and lolling in the hot tub looking up at the stars.

Before leaving the LA area, I stopped over at the home of friends Judy and Bert for the evening. They graciously allowed me to sleep inside due to the extreme heat. I get a kick out of their five dogs, including the huge Irish wolfhound and tiny chihuahua who are fast friends.




For the next three days I drove fast and furiously north and east. Didn't stop until I was way up in the Rockies. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad to hear the GoJoe got a clean bill of health. Drive safely!