Saturday, April 4, 2009

Serendipity

As I've mentioned before, I like it when things just happen. Good things in particluar. Sitting at my temporary home at the Prescott, AZ, WalMart parking lot, I answered an email from my neighbor Betty. I happened to mention that I was in Prescott. Within minutes, she wrote back that her cousin spends the winters in Prescott. She even provided a phone number. I decided to take the plunge and picked up the phone. That's how I met Bobbie and Dave Andrews.

I was invited to their home and spent a couple of hours getting to know this very nice couple. Dave is a retired anthropology professor at Middlebury College in Vermont. They have the best of both worlds, living in Middlebury in the warm months and in Prescott during the winter. Over coffee and muffins, we discussed New England, the digital revolution, RVing, and a number of other things. Thank you Bobbie and Dave. It was nice meeting you.

No comments: