Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tracey Retires!!


After almost 30 years at the National Geographic Society and 3 1/2 more years at Nutricia North America, Tracey has finally retired as of Friday, December 30! What a weekend we've had! Retirement on Friday, her birthday and New Year's Eve yesterday, and today we leave on a month-long trip to Florida in the RV. What a way to start the New Year!

Tracey says the words to the song "Feelin' Good" sum up her mood. Here is Nina Simone's great version.

FEELIN' GOOD

Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel

(refrain)

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That's what I mean

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good


Tracey loved her time at Nutricia, especially because of the great folks who work there. She was so moved by the wonderful way they showed their appreciation--over several days it seemed--and for the way they celebrated her retirement. It was a grand launch into this new chapter!

Although she's been with me on any number of fairly short trips in the RV, now she's free to join me on lengthy journeys free of itineraries and schedules. We're both looking forward to that.

So stay tuned to our upcoming Florida adventures. We'll be back home in a month or so in order to be present for the birth of our second grandson. And after that? We'll just have to see!

4 comments:

Jim and Gayle said...

Glad she finally broke free. Hope you have a great time in Florida and wherever else you end up this year!

Thom Hoch said...

Congratulations Tracey! What a week it must have been. And what an amazing future lies ahead of you. Our best to you on your great accomplishment... and to the both of you on your future travels.

T&D Hoch

Joe and Tracey said...

Jim & Gayle, Thom & Dar - Great to hear from you. I hope our paths will cross again on the road at some point. - J & T

Julie said...

Congratulations, Tracey! Hope you enjoy your travels!