Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Here !!


Around 11:30 on Friday morning a mocha-colored RV came rolling up my street. Behind the wheel was Brian, the owner. His son Stephen came along for the ride. As I tried to provide direction, Brian expertly maneuvered the behemoth - it seemed bigger than I had remembered - into our driveway. After hellos, etc., we posed for a celebratory photo of the "passing of the keys."

The past couple of days have been a whirl of manual reading, systems checking, and just sitting in here playing house. I'm in here right now. I guess the laptop picks up the wireless signal from the "real" house. There are so many aspects to an RV - electrical, plumbing, heating, kitchen, bathroom, mechanical, and on and on. Lots to learn. And it's all fun.

As to the name "GoJoe," it's growing on me. Just now I'm not sure whether to apply it to the RV itself, or use it as my own road-warrior moniker, or, more ephemerally, to the totality of the experience itself -- Me, the RV, and the "journey." The "GoJoe" of it all. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Winoman said...

Go Joe is much better than GI Joe. Go (Joe) for it!

Larry

Grace Lutheran Pioneers said...

Get your GoJoe on.