Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mmmm ...

After paying premium prices for several days to park in Sedona's only in-town RV park, I was looking for an inexpensive alternative after I left. I found it at reliable old WalMart in Prescott. After settling in, I saw something just across the parking lot. A mythical place I had only read about but had never seen ...



I decided to see if the build-up about their burgers was true. California-based In-N-Out Burger is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of burgerdom. I ordered one of these ...



It's called a Double-Double (Two patties, two cheese slices. I hope my doctor isn't reading this.) I took it back to GoJoe for the taste test. Man alive, I've never eaten a cheesburger as fantastic as this one. I'm still thinking about it, and I don't actually eat much red meat anymore. But if I run across another In-N-Out Burger ...

In-N-Out has only three things on its menu -- burgers, fries and drinks. And it's not fast food. No, you go to the counter, place your order, and wait until they make it fresh. It's worth the wait.

No comments: