Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sedona


Sedona is a unique place. Nestled among towering red rock spires and cliffs, it never ceases to amaze. I was here to see our friend Martin Gray, but I also saw a few other familiar faces and met some new ones.

Sedona is a mecca for tourists, mountain bikers, climbers, and spiritual seekers who feel there's a certain energy about the place. I'm here as an observer and enjoyer. Here's what the surroundings look like:
















Downtown area called "Tlaquepaque." I can't pronounce it either. :)











That's Bell Rock on the left. When Eric was about thirteen, Tracey and I watched as he climbed it to the top. He would disappear behind rock formations and emerge again as he made his way up. Finally, looking like a little speck, he stood at the top and waved. For Mom and Dad, watching from the bottom, it was a "letting go" experience.

No comments: