Saturday, April 4, 2009

Serenity


Pulling out the map, I noticed a remote state park that was somewhat on my southwesterly path. I decided to take the 40-mile road that dead-ends at Alamo Lake State Park. What I found was a desert oasis - just the place to kick back for a couple of days.

Arriving at mid-week, I was able to get a campsite on the end of a peninsula with views of the water in three directions.

This was a great place to hike, ride the bike, and just think. There were actually lots of other campers and RVs at Alamo Lake, but they were so widely spaced that it was easy to feel like you owned the place. I like how an RV allows you to sit on some amazing real estate without having to own it.












These guys were wondering what I was doing there. I was wondering the same thing about them.

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it!
Keep doing!