Monday, April 13, 2009

San Diego



I followed Mary Joe and the boys from the desert to her home in San Diego where she graciously let me camp in her driveway for a couple of days. San Diego is a beautiful place and I wanted to see some things I'd missed on past visits. First off was to go see the Pacific Ocean because the ocean is always a sight for sore eyes and I wanted to know that my RV journey had taken me right to the edge of the continent.



Random shots around San Diego ...













Balboa Park

Right in the middle of downtown San Diego is a huge and wonderful place called Balboa Park. It is billed as the largest urban cultural park in the United States. Within its 1,400 acres are fifteen major museums, performing arts centers, a sports complex, lush formal gardens and the famous San Diego Zoo. Amazingly, the land for the park was set aside way back in 1835 by the Mexican government, which ruled that part of the world in those days. It would take at least a week to fully tour the many things Balboa Park has to offer. I spent part of one day walking around shooting pictures. The only building I entered was the Botanical Building. Here is some of what I saw:




















No comments: